Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Off, Again

Miss Iz and her groom team. It takes a village!
So riding life has been pretty good but I have a feeling I jinxed us. As I mentioned in my last post, the show schedule came out and I emailed Laura and asked her to sign us up for the May, June, and July dressage schooling shows. Good planning or so I thought. Additionally, I was experiencing a fair bit of excitement about getting back in the ring and there might have been a mention of competing for the ENYDCTA Year End Awards. Anyway, when we plan, God laughs. On Friday night last week, we had a really good lesson. Solid progress. Then on Saturday morning, right in the middle of a good ride, I turned across the diagonal in the outdoor and Iz went from fine to lame. Head bobbing lame. Ugh. So I hopped off to check her legs. No heat, no swelling. The next day no heat to speak of and no swelling but still off on the lunge line. Last night she was a bit better but still not great. So now she gets the week off and I start to freak out over what it might be. Anyone who has ever had past serious injury to their horse does this I'm sure. But most of the time, the only thing we can do is give them rest. So that's what I'll do and then see what the end of the week brings. If she's still off, then I'll call in the big guns (vet). If she's sound, then it was a pull of some kind. I'm really hoping for the pull. In the meantime, she's become a grooming project for camp this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment