Thursday, July 24, 2014

A Return to Showing

Last weekend, my friend, Nicholl, returned to showing on Iz. She is also a former hunter rider and is now taking dressage lessons with me. It's so nice to have someone who understand where you came from to ride with. She hadn't shown in quite a while but I knew she wanted to so I offered up Iz. She bathed and braided the beast and off they went. There was also a flurry of registering and joining USDF and USEF but mostly it was smooth sailing since we had Laura as our guide.

I did get to show up on Sunday to watch their classes which was actually really fun. They showed in Training Level Test 3, Dressage Seat Equitation, and First Level Test 1 at the Stockade Polo and Saddle show. While they didn't bring home a blue, they had very good tests at Training Level and missed winning the Dressage Seat Eq class by a slim margin. Dressage Seat Eq is new to those in the dressage world but us former hunters rode in those classes all the time.


Iz understood her job in that class and did it very well. But I think by the time the First Level test came at 4:30 pm, Iz's quarter was up. They ended up with a score above 60% but didn't place.